Reporting Fires – Early detection and response to keep a fire small can depend on the initial information which is provided.
- Call without delay
- While dialing think about the critical details you need to convey.
- Begin with your name and phone number.
- What is the situation; i.e. wildfire.
- Give the exact location of wildfire.
- Provide information on best access for emergency responders to reach the wildfire safely.
- Stress the potential of the fire; i.e. lives threatened, property in danger.
- Any other critical information.
- Follow the dispatcher’s instructions that are given.
How is the perimeter of a Wildfire defined?
[kad_vimeo url=”https://vimeo.com/206217440″ ]