Specialist Wildfire Crew
Vulcan Wildfire Management was appointed by the Provincial Government of the Western Cape through its Chief Directorate: Disaster Management and Fire & Rescue Services to operate a crew, the first of its kind, from 1 December 2015 – 30 April 2016. Vulcan delivered a service of an exceptionally high standard. Despite the fire contract being seasonal (5 months), Vulcan successfully maintained crew operations for a full 12 month period applying the crews specialist skills to Integrated Fire Management tasks. They demonstrated a commitment to developing crew members and evolving a system allowing for full time firefighting crews to be involved in both suppression and risk mitigation work.
"A hard working team environment, focusing on skills development and shaping career specialists proficient in all areas of wildfire management"
"When it comes to saving your home from wildfire, details matter."
Focused on Career Development
Members of the First Specialist Crew
Wildfire Incidents Attended in first 5 months (Often Multiple Days)
Prescribed and Fuel Reduction Burn Days in First Year of Operations
Vulcan Wildfire Management (Pty) Ltd
- A private company with a social enterprise philosophy.
- Working in synergy with the wildfire industry.
- Focussing on developing wildfire career paths.
- Attracting like minded, driven and wildfire focussed individuals.
- Serving communities affected by wildfire.
- Applying business strategy to maximise improvements in human and environmental
First Specialist Crew
Bahati David Nsengiyumva